Black Mold Remediation in South Orange County, CA
We are the best at water damage repair and mold remediation. When a disaster hits your property, we’ll do the job right the first time so that you never have to make a second call.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We answer instantly, day or night, so the damage doesn’t escalate while you wait.
- Certified, trained technicians have the knowledge to safely and skillfully take care of water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Our one-stop solution includes structural drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial actions.
- Specialized equipment and technology locates the source and isolates the location, preventing its growth.
What is Black Mold?
Black mold is the stuff of homeowners’ nightmares. This type of mold is a noxious fungus that slips in unseen, and then engrosses the area around it. Fungus is everywhere – indoors and out – just waiting for the environment it needs to settle down and multiply. Microscopic spores can lie inactive almost indeterminately, until they encounter dark, damp areas to set up shop. Black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, can be toxic, harming the well-being of both people and pets. It is part of a family of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as harmful.
Information about Mold
Mold doesn’t take long to permeate walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home experiences water damage, you should have a professional heck the walls for mold infestations. They can go unnoticed for weeks, and then appear practically overnight.
Once mold produces colonies in your property, it immediately breeds and releases toxins that make life miserable for occcupants:
- Mold emits a pungent, musty smell that prevents rooms from smelling clean.
- Mold wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can activate chronic inflammation and continuous cold-like symptoms.
- People with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological concerns or even death.
- The more extended the exposure, the greater the danger.
Exceptionally humid homes and offices can be subject to mold invasions even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an expert opinion immediately.
If you want to eradicate mold, the setting where it prospers must first be removed. Water sources have to be handled, and any remaining moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other opening, it isn’t enough to curtail the tide. Moisture can saturate out-of-sight portions of your home. Without proper cleanup methods, mold will keep coming back to these spots.
What We Do
- We examine the area and assess observable and hidden damage instigated by water and mold, and what action should be taken to avert further damage.
- We quarantine the mold so that it can’t extend to wider areas.
- We use progressive air filtration techniques to eliminate spores from the air.
- We get rid of mold and any materials that have been infested with it, and then we treat the area with antimicrobial substances to kill what’s left.
- The Paul Davis team will clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes exterminating that awful, musty odor.
- We return the property to its pre-damaged condition using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
No removal procedure can ensure that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as unwelcoming to mold as possible.
Contact Paul Davis of South Orange County right away. Whether it’s your living space or your business environment that has been compromised, our fast, thorough, proficiently trained technicians will turn back time on your water and mold damage. We’ll work with you to get things back to their pre-damaged state.