Black Mold Remediation in Lake Forest, CA
We are experts at water damage repair and mold remediation. When a disaster affects your property, we’ll thoroughly finish the job so that you never have to make a second call.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We respond quickly, day or night, so the damage doesn’t escalate while you wait.
- Certified, trained technicians have the expertise to safely and expertly take care of water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Paul Davis’s comprehensive solution includes building drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial actions.
- Progressive equipment and technology detects the source and isolates the spot, averting its spread.
What is Black Mold?
If you own a home, water damage leading to black mold is one of your nastiest nightmares. It is a toxin-producing fungus that slips in unnoticed, and then takes over. Mold is everywhere – indoors and out – just waiting for the condition it needs to settle down and reproduce. Microscopic spores can lie dormant almost indefinitely, until they encounter dark, dank areas to set up shop. Black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, can be lethal, harming the health of both people and pets. It is part of a group of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as risky.
Information about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never delay calling a professional to inspect for mold growth. They can go unseen for weeks, and then appear virtually overnight.
Once mold produces colonies in your living space, it immediately grows and discharges toxins that make life unpleasant for inhabitants:
- Mold emanates a pungent, mildewed odor that prevents rooms from smelling clean.
- Mold creates problems for allergy-sensitive people, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can cause chronic inflammation and continuous cold-like symptoms.
- People with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological concerns or even death.
- The more lengthy the exposure, the more severe the danger.
Unusually damp homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold infestations even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an expert opinion immediately.
If you want to eradicate mold, the setting where it prospers must first be removed. Water sources have to be handled, and any remaining moisture must be efficiently dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other opening, it isn’t enough to stem the tide. Moisture can drench hidden areas of your home. Without proper cleanup processes, mold will keep returning to these spots.
What We Do
- We examine the area and evaluate visible and unseen damage triggered by water and mold, and what action should be taken to prevent further damage.
- We quarantine the mold so that it can’t transmit to larger areas.
- We use modern air filtration techniques to eliminate spores from the air.
- We get rid of mold and any items that have been infested with it, and then we treat the area with antimicrobial materials to kill what’s left.
- We clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes erasing that awful, musty odor.
- We restore the area to its pre-damaged state using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
While no process can ensure that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as unwelcoming to mold as possible.
Call Paul Davis of Lake Forest right away. Whether it’s your living space or your business environment that has been jeopardized, our fast, thorough, skillfully trained technicians will take care of your water and mold damage. We’ll work with you to get things back to their pre-damaged state.