Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the kind of mold that grows in your house or business can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores travel through the air and enter buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a residence on shoes, clothing and animals. It is nearly impossible for you to eliminate mold infiltrating your home. It’s only when mold is growing in your property that you have cause for worry. Having an expert to speak with that can advise on the strain of mold present is imperative. Add to that an expert who will devise the optimal way for treatment then execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. Paul Davis offers mold removal and remediation services in conjunction with basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your dwelling along with major health concerns for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can adversely affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the environment it’s found in, this means that the longer it remains without treatment in your home, the worse its effects are. The experts at Paul Davis can accurately identify the kinds of mold growing in your home and effectively manage treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 basic types of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in people which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic microbes.
With the variety of molds that can be found in any given residence, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid in helping make your residence free and safe from the most insidious molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that grows indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It grows in overtly moist, porous environments like textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor strains bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, fortunately is the least common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins pink or light brown in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly allergic responsive mold is responsible for causing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It carries a dank odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey over time. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in warm and cold areas and moves rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts adversely with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is most commonly found in a home’s soft goods and grows and moves in cold temperatures. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It thrives in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Speak With Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know you have mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation servicing required to eradicate damaging mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.