Ways to Repair Fire Damage
We all know how damaging fire can be in a building. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that are just as destructive. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke and walls can be stained by smoke soot. Fires can have devastating effects on both to your home and your family.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand any damages to your cherished keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why as fire restoration technicians, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
Fire Damage Can Be Repaired
Your home can receive serious soot damage without a major fire. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your AC.
- Move large fans towards open doors and windows to push out the smoke.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Clean hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. The technicians from Paul Davis all-encompassing soot remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
Has your home recently undergone soot damage? Reach out to to Paul Davis. After we finish up our restorations services, your home back to normal sooner rather than later. Our experts are highly-trained in effective using the proper equipment during our smoke repair cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll help get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.