Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Everyone knows how damaging fire can be in a house. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that are just as destructive. The smell of smoke can overwhelm your home and possessions, while walls can be stained by soot. Experiencing a fire can have catastrophic and lasting effects both to your house and your family.
Damages to your cherished possessions can be devastating. That’s why our experts in soot and smoke are here to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damage to your home.
You Can Cleaning Up Smoke Damage
Your home can receive serious soot damage without a major fire. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, small-scale kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, turn off your air conditioning.
- Position large fans towards open windows and doors to suck out the smoke.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of fire remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your home had recent smoke damage? Reach out to Paul Davis. Our fire repair services will get your home back to normal sooner rather than later. Our specialists are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke repair services technicians from Paul Davis at (949) 455-1710. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.